THE VISION OF ISLAMIC EDUCATION
The vision of Islamic education at Alif lam Center makes an important distinction between teaching “about Islam” and teaching “about being Muslim.” This is based on the view that the goal of Islamic education is not to fill our children’s minds with information “about” Islam, but rather to teach them what it means really to “be” Muslim.
Aif Lam Center believes that the effective Islamic teaching and learning must have the power to inspire and transform students. and content of the Islamic Studies curriculum must be linked to the real needs and concerns of students and to the larger issues facing the world in which they live.”
God, the World & Me
Becoming a Moral Person
Understanding & Being Understood
Getting Along with Others
A Sense of Belonging
Drawing Strength from the Past
Islam for All Times & Places
Caring for Allah’s Creation
Facing the Challenge
Making a Difference
Taking the Lead
Belief & Piety
Self-concept & Well-being
Family & Community
Change & Adaptability
Justice & Peace
Action & Responsibility
Islamic Education topics.
1. The Qur’an:
2. The Faith:
3. The worship:
4. The Stories of the Prophets:
5. The life of Prophet Mohammad (peace be upon him):
6. The manners and etiquettes:
During the 3 years program, some of the desired outcomes are for the students to:
1. Distinguish right from wrong.
2. Possess moral conducts (akhlaq)
3. Understand, appreciate and practice .able to practice the Pillars of Islam appropriate to their age with confidence.
4. Have a deeper understanding of Islamic Creed (aqidah) – Pillars of Iman
5. Read the Qur’an, memorize and appreciate the general meanings of these surahs.
6. Develop self-confidence as Muslims and members of the community and nation
7. Develop the respect towards others and are able to care and love them in humanity
8. Able to share with and show others about what is Islam that is accordingly to their knowledge and age appropriateness.
9. Develop an inquiring mind about Allah’s creations